Manatee County School Campuses Re-Open On Friday, Nov. 13th
Updated.... (11/12/20) MANATEE COUNTY:
Manatee County Public school campuses ... re-open to students..Friday, Nov. 13.
Some school campuses were used as shelters for Hurricane Eta, forcing them to close on Thursday, November 12th. .
Manatee County officials said there is a voluntary evacuation for island communities and low-lying areas.
Public beaches are closed.
- 11/11/20 10:15am
- Parents and Employees,
- the School District of Manatee County is working hand-in-hand with local Emergency Management leaders regarding Hurricane/Tropical Storm Eta. In conjunction with that effort, the school district is opening two shelters, one at Mills Elementary and one at Manatee High School. They will open at noon today. Please note that Emergency Management is referring to these openings as Shelters of Last Resort and encouraging citizens to shelter at home or with family or friends if possible. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, shelter capacity will be reduced to 617 at Manatee High and 989 at Mills Elementary. All persons will have temperatures checked and must wear masks while in the shelters.
- Due to opening shelters today and tomorrow, all School District of Manatee County school campuses will be closed tomorrow and Friday, November 12th and 13th. However, classes will continue for all students virtually through eLearning. Teachers and other school and support staff will continue working tomorrow remotely. Again, school will continue Thursday and Friday through eLearning and teachers and support staff will continue working remotely.
- Thank you, and we will continue to update you as more information becomes available.
Sarasota County school officials will release students and staff two hours early Wednesday, Nov. 11. All after-school activities and aftercare will be canceled.
"We will continue to monitor the storm throughout the day to determine any impact on school tomorrow. We will share additional updates as more information becomes available," according to Sarasota County school officials.
- Wednesday, November 11: Good morning SCS families & employees,
- Due to the change in Eta’s track overnight, we will be moving forward with a 2-hour early dismissal today for all traditional public schools. All after-school activities, including aftercare, are canceled. We will continue to monitor the storm throughout the day to determine any impact on school tomorrow. We will share additional updates as more information becomes available.