Manatee County announces summer camp registration
MANATEE COUNTY, FL (May 27, 2020) – Registration for the County's popular Summer Blast Camp opened Wednesday, May 27th as part of Manatee County's safe, phased reopening to the public.
Summer Blast Camp will be held at the G.T. Bray Park Recreation Center and the John H. Marble Recreation Center starting Monday, June 1. Parks and Natural Resources' popular outdoor specialty camps will be offered at some County preserves starting June 8. Registration is expected to fill quickly once online registration begins today at 5 p.m. Parents may register children for summer camps at www.mymanatee.org/summercamps
"Our goal this summer is to offer a variety of summer camp activities that meet the needs of the community in a safe and fun environment," said Parks and Natural Resources Director Charlie Hunsicker. "Our programs will look slightly different than previous years starting with limited weekly and program registrations, 10 or fewer group sizes, modified hours and increased hand washing and equipment sanitization."
Tennis and pickleball are now open at Manatee County Parks. (Reservations are required at G.T. Bray by calling (941) 742-5923). Bray will also open to lap swimming appointments on June 1 by calling (941) 720-1775.
Other parks-related openings are being rolled out online.
Sarasota County announces summer camp registration
Sarasota County continues to monitor the ongoing situation regarding summer camps, and we’ve made some initial decisions for camps this summer.
- Online and drop-off registrations opens for both Speciality Camp and Day Camp programs June 8 at 9 a.m. (Drop-off registration will accept payment by check only.)
- Five weekly summer camp sessions will begin June 29 through July 31 with reduced enrollment at five locations. A sixth week mini camp will be offered at Colonial Oaks Park and Woodmere Park from Aug. 3-7 (pending registrations and staff availability.)
- The number of spots available at each site will be reduced to help maintain social distancing.
- Day camp will be offered for children entering grades 1-5. There will be no Adventure Camp offered this year. There will be no C.I.T. Program this year. Specialty Camps scheduled June 1 through June 28 are also cancelled.
- Check here for an up-to-date status on our specialty camps.
Financial assistance will remain in place as a small portion of spots will be reserved for families in need.
Please know that we understand how important summer and specialty camps are to you and the participants and we will be updating this page as soon as we know more.
- To register for camp programs once opened click on Registration and Reservations.
- PRNR Staff will send an email to all previous Summer and Specialty Camps participants at least three (3) days in advance of opening registration.
North County Day Camps are designed for children entering grades first through fifth and are offered at Bee Ridge Park, Colonial Oaks Park and Longwood Park. South County Day Camps are designed for grades first through sixth and are offered at Laurel Park and Woodmere Park. Day Camps include weekly themes, multiple field trips a week, physical activity, creative arts, science and nature, safety and wellness, summer reading and character-development activities.
Youth entering grades sixth through eighth participate in four field trips a week as well as sports, games, arts and crafts and more.
An elite group of hand-selected high school students learn skills that will prepare them to become successful camp counselors.
- C.I.T. participants assist Day Camp counselors and have the opportunity to earn volunteer hours.
More than 25 specialty camps are scheduled throughout the summer. Each camp focuses on a specific theme, allowing campers to focus on a favorite activity or try something new. Many of our specialty camps are subject to weather conditions. If camp is canceled prior to the start of the day's activities, a make-up day will be offered. No refunds will be given.
- Sarasota County families must qualify for free or reduced lunch through the National School Lunch Program to be eligible.
- The approval letter from the Sarasota County school district must be included with the online application.
- A limited number of scholarships are available per qualifying location. Applications will be processed in the order received.
- Financial Aid applications are closed.
- Questions regarding financial aid should be directed to 941-861-PARK (7275) or email@example.com.