Today, May 26th is: World Redhead Day!
So.... How About Some Fun Facts About Red Hair...
- Less than 2% of the world's population has red hair.
- Having red hair and blue eyes is the rarest hair/eye color combination possible. The odds of a person having both of those recessive traits is around 0.17%.
- Researchers believe redheads are more sensitive to pain because of a mutation in a gene (MC1R) that affects hair color.
- A lot of redheads also wind up being left-handed. Researchers believe one explanation is that both of those characteristics are recessive traits and those often come in pairs.
- Redheads are less likely to go grey. The pigment in red hair typically fades over time from red to blonde and white, but not grey.
See the Full List of Red Hair - Fun and Interesting Facts.... all the Details here: