Sarasota County - Closing Parks
In Sarasota County’s continued effort to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community’s most vulnerable populations, there will be additional closures of Sarasota County operated park amenities.
- Starting 6 a.m. Wednesday, March 25, all county-operated playgrounds, dog parks, and tennis, pickleball, basketball and volleyball courts will be closed for public use.
CUSTOMER SERVICE CHANGES:
- Beginning Wednesday, March 25, the following in-person services at the Robert L. Anderson Administration Center are temporarily suspended: utilities, permitting, zoning, land development, environmental protection and code enforcement.
- Limited service will be available at the Sarasota Operations Center in Sarasota by appointment. For a list of contacts, utility bill payment options and how to access our online services, people can visit scgov.net/COVID-19 or call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000.
For a full list of services impacted, visit: https://www.scgov.net/government/health-and-human-services/covid-19-coronavirus
As a reminder, the following closures were already announced:
- All county owned beaches, indoor parks facilities, recreation and nature centers are closed.
- All scheduled programs, events, reservations, volunteer projects and activities are canceled.
- Opt. in for text alerts by texting SRQCOVID19 to 888777.