Calling all Scuba Divers, Fishermen and Land Lubbers!!!
Come join us for the 4th Annual Suncoast Reef and Beach Clean Up presented by Suncoast Aqua Ventures.Win cash and prizes for collecting trash from our reefs and shoreline. Join us onSaturday and Sunday, September 7th & 8th, at the Bradenton Yacht Club. Let's all pitch in to clean up the incredible water resources we have right in our own back yard. Bring your friends and family!!!
We'll be meeting Saturday at 8:00 am at the Bradenton Yacht Club for a brief "Captains' Meeting" which includes a free breakfast.We will supply everyone with trash bags, gloves and more. Then its off to gathering trash.
The cool part...
You can win cash and other great prizes just for bringing that trash to the Yacht Club. Over $4,000 in cash will be handed out and there are many other great prizes just for participating!! Awards and prize drawings will be held immediately after the "weigh in" on Sunday.
Saturday 2:00 - 5:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 - 4:00 pm
* You can weigh in trash on either day or both days. We will combine your total for each day.
Here are the Categories for Cash Payouts
- Most Recyclable material
- Most Non-Recyclable material (trash)
- Most fishing line, tackle, ropes, nets etc
- Most Anchors
Each category has a cash payout for the top three places
- 1st Place $500
- 2nd Place $250
- 3rd Place $100
In addition, $300 will be paid for the most unique item brought in from:
Food and drink will be available for purchase.
This is a great event for individuals, clubs, and organizations to receive community service hours. Trash pickers of all ages are welcome.
2019 Suncoast Reef & Beach cleanup RULES AND REGULATIONS
• Safety:Safety is a paramount consideration in this event. ALL participants are encouraged to wear gloves while collecting trash. Gloves will be provided at check in. PLEASE return gloves to designated buckets. We re-use these at other events. We also recommend you wear long pants, long sleeve shirts, close toed shoes and bug spray!
• DIVERS:We ask that no competitors exceed the recreational diving limit of 90 feet, or the maximum depth your training allows. Do not push your training limits or violate any safe practices. If there is a piece of debris that has become significant habitat for sea creatures and would cause more damage to remove it, please leave it there!
• TRASH needs to be sorted by category prior to weigh in. We will have bins on hand, to use in sorting process prior to weighing the trash. Chains may be detached from the anchors and weighed in the metals category. Each team may designate the “item” they wish to enter in the “Most Unique” category.
• Registration:Will be done online at www.SuncoastAquaVentures.com
• Entry:No team/individual is officially entered into the tournament until the tournament director has received all properly filled out registration paperwork. This includes, registration, waiver forms and scorecards at the weigh-in.
• Weigh in:The weigh-in will take place on Saturday, September 7th, AND Sunday, September 8th, 2019 at the Bradenton Yacht Club, 4307 13th St WEST, Palmetto, FL.
• Awards and Prizes:Prizes will be awarded on Sunday afternoon once the weigh in is completed.
• Photos/Videos:All registrants hereby consent to be photographed while participating in the Reef and Beach Clean up event. The term “photograph” includes video or still photography, in digital or any other format, and any other means of recording or reproducing images.
Suncoast Aqua Ventures is a non profit 501(c)3 made up entirely of volunteers (boaters, scuba divers, fishermen) who care about all the wonderful water and shoreline around us! (We also put on the Gene Cloud Memorial Spearfishing Tournament each year.) So please come out an help us clean up our Reefs and Beaches!!!
All the registration details are here: https://suncoastaquaventures.com/home