The “Dowton Abbey” movie hits theaters Friday and if you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to live in the stately mansion, now’s your chance.
Airbnb is offering a once-in-a-lifetime, one-night stay for two guests at Highclare Castle, which is the location for “Downton Abbey.” The lucky guests will get the royal treatment during their stay, including a personal invitation by the Earl and Countess of Carnarvon to drinks in the Saloon, followed a traditional dinner in the State Dining Room, being waited on by Highclere Castle's own butler, and after dinner coffee and tea served in the Library.
But that’s not all. The guests will also enjoy:
- An evening in one of the principal bedrooms, featuring an en-suite bathroom ad gorgeous views
- A delicious breakfast in the morning
- A private tour of the Highclere Castle’s extensive grounds
- A chance to explore and enjoy the castle's more than 300 iconic rooms
The luxurious experience is available on November 26th, 2019 only, with reservation opportunities going live on October 1stat 12 pm BST (7 am EST). The experience will set the lucky guests back only $188.
Oh and there are some rules the guests will have to follow.They include:
- No pets allowed, but 9 friendly dogs on site!
- No smoking
- All newspapers must be ironed
- Strictly one butler per person
- Cocktail dress is de rigueur for dinner
- Gossip restricted to downstairs quarters only
- Listing is midweek because after all - 'What is a weekend?'