We love July for its long days, long weekends, and all the BBQs, but it’s not always easy to keep things cute when it’s 90-degree weather. That’s why this month’s beauty trends are all about working with the scorching heat. These are the looks we’ll be seeing in July.
- Neon eyeliner- Trade in your usual smoky shadows for some neon liner instead this month. With the rest of your makeup at a minimum, the vivid color helps your eyes shine.
- White cat eyes- Another summer statement eye is a crisp, white line along the upper eyelids and flicked at the ends.
- Fluorescent nail polish- More ultra brites, but this time on your nails. If you’re not into full Day-Glo on your tips, use neon polish as an accent instead.
- Loosely-crimped waves- But this isn’t the cringy crimped look from the ‘80s, this time it’s looser and more beachy, without the backcombed bangs.
- Flushed cheeks- Why fight the flush that happens in the summer heat when you can enhance it with warm-toned blush and lipstick to match.
- Orange lipstick- Ease into the bold look by patting the color onto your lips using your fingertips. It’ll soften the edges and sheer the shade out so it’s not quite so intimidating.
- Breezy bobs- In case you haven’t heard, the haircut of the season is a shoulder-clearing bob, so your neck stays nice and cool this summer.