For a lot of people, June means weddings, with plenty of folks probably losing relaxing weekends to someone else’s nuptials. And when it comes to getting gifts for those couples, many people will hit their registries, and it turns out, a lot of soon-to-be newlyweds have the same ideas when it comes to the gifts they want.
A new survey by The Knot reveals the most popular wedding gift registry items, with the KitchenAid Artisan Series 5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer the most requested gift by couples. In fact, it seems like most couples are particularly concerned with outfitting their kitchens, since the Top Five items on the list are all kitchen-related. Other popular items include:
- OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Cups (Set of 4)
- Pyrex Simply Store 20-pc Set With Multi-Colored Lids
- Cuisinart 4 Slice Toaster
- Ninja Kitchen System 1000W
The survey notes that on average, couples pick about 111 items for their registry, which in total cost about $4,700. And apparently baking is a big deal for folks, with 87% of couples choosing bakeware items for their registry, by far the most popular items, followed by cookware (84%), kitchen appliances (82%) and kitchen accessories (81%)
- But nowadays, some couples don’t want things, they only want money. In fact, 37% of couples are opting for cash registries, up 10% from 2017, with the average couple getting about $1,863 in guest contributions. In addition, 55% will ask for cash to help pay for their honeymoon, while some are even opting to help others, with charity registries an option for 11% of couples.