.DAV and RecruitMilitary will host theTampa Veterans Job Fair Thursday, July 18th from 11am to 3pm at Amalie Arena. This free event for veterans, military spouses, transitioning military, National Guard members and Reservists features 90+ employers ready to hire.
In addition to providing career opportunities for veterans, RecruitMilitary is also focusing efforts on the more than 600,000 military spouses in the United States who are unemployed and/or underemployed in their professional careers.
The company is actively working to help address the exorbitantly high unemployment rate of military spouses -nearly 25%- a rate more than six times the national average. This is the highest unemployment rate of any singular group in the U.S. Through its partnership with Google, anew job search tool now available to assist military spouse and military trained talent to explore 8,000 remote work options in the RecruitMilitary database of more than 250,000 jobs. With more than 140 veteran and military spouse job fairs this year, RecruitMilitary offers veterans and military spouses the most opportunities of any organization to help facilitate their future career goals.
Event Preparation Resources
What to Expect at the Event
Resume Review and Resources
Attend an Interview Prep Webinar
30-Second Elevator Pitch Crafting
Event Success Tips
- Review the exhibitor list and conduct research to help you engage effectively.
- Visit every exhibitor - find the hidden opportunity that might be perfect for you.
- Take a moment to practice your 30-second elevator pitch.
- Make eye contact and confidently greet each recruiter with a smile and firm handshake.
- Deliver your elevator pitch and engage in conversation.
- Get the recruiter’s contact information and ask about the best way to follow-up.
- Within 24 hours, follow-up with every company that interests you.
- Visit our resource center for additional resources