This Thanksgiving Holiday, Americans will be enjoying great food & drink with friends and family as we start the holiday seasons. While the Thanksgiving Holiday should be care-free and fun, they also present the ideal time to remind adults to plan ahead and celebrate responsibly. That’s why Gold Coast Eagle Distributing and our employees are renewing our pledge to be or use a designated driver any time alcohol is part of our plans.
To help promote responsible celebrations this Thanksgiving Holiday, Gold Coast Eagle Distributing, your local Anheuser-Busch distributor, is encouraging consumers to “Give a Damn and Don’t Drive Drunk”!
Tow to Go has been serving Sarasota and Manatee Counties since 1998. It was a concept conceived by Col. John Saputo - USMC and his staff here in Sarasota. The idea has now been adopted by Anheuser-Busch, AAA and tow companies all over Florida, Georgia, and the western two-thirds of Tennessee. Since the program’s inception, over 25,000 intoxicated drivers have decided to use Tow to Go versus getting behind the wheel when there was a question of sobriety. Important Tow to Go guidelines:
* Confidential local ride within a 10-mile radius to a safe location
* Free and available to both AAA members and non-members
* The AAA tow truck takes the vehicle and the driver home
* Tow trucks can take up to two people home; if there are more people in your party—you will need to make other arrangements to get home safely.
* You can’t make an appointment to use the Tow to Go service, it is designed to be used as a last resort so have a designated driver before you have your first drink.
If you would like to use the Tow to Go program this Thanksgiving Holiday, the number to call is (855) 286-9246. The program is valid 6am November 21st through 6am on November 25th. Anheuser-Busch will reinforce their Responsibility Matters Message with billboards, radio, and TV spots announcing further details surrounding Tow to Go.
Gold Coast Eagle Distributing wants you to know that drunk driving is 100 percent preventable when we all do our part. Always remember, get a ride. Call a cab. Take a train. Use Tow to Go! Whatever you do, care enough to “Give a Damn and Don’t Drive Drunk”! Have a Plan to get Home Safely! Have a fun and safe Thanksgiving holiday!
Gold Coast Eagle Distributing is the Anheuser-Busch / InBev distributor for Sarasota and Manatee Counties.