Our area ranks in the top 10 nationwide for severe flu cases, a new report by DoctorsReport.com shows. The report lists 14 areas in the nation where the flu has been most severe using a database of doctor reported cases over the past seven days. Tampa Bay ranks 6th in the list for flu and 8th for a different category of influenza, "Flu A."
Locations are ranked on a severity scale, with 10 being the most severe and zero being the least severe.
The top metro areas for severe flu cases are:
- Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI, 9.5
- Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, NC-SC, 9.5
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA, 9.0
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA, 9.0
- Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN, 8.0
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, 7.5
- Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD, 7.0
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV, 7.0
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX, 6.5
- Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, OR-WA, 6.0