Posted July 3rd, 2014 @ 6:01am
Listen for Lulu's List Friday morning at approximately 7:25 and 9:25 and Saturday morning at 8:35 and 10:35. If you would like to get your event on Lulu's List please send me an email at email@example.com.
Myakka Kayaka 4th of July Jam Blast
When: Friday 11-4pm
Where: Snook Haven, 5000 E. Venice Ave, Venice
What: FeaturingTreble Hook's Florida Folk & Medicine Show, Steve Arvey and Rebecca Bird and more artists to be annouced.
Music on Main
When: Friday, 6-9pm
Where: Main Street, Lakewood Ranch
What: Beer, wine and food sales will benefit Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy.Bring your chairs, but leave coolers at home. Dogs are welcome, but must be kept on a short leash. Overflow parking is available at the Lakewood Ranch Medical Center.
4th annual Shrimp and Lobster Festival
When: Saturday, 10-2pm
Where: Sarasota Farmer's Market, Main Street and Lemon Avenue, downtown Sarasota
What: The market will feature vendors serving lobster rolls, shrimp and Maine lobster dinners along with other shrimp and lobster delicacies plus burgers on the grill. There will also be a dining tent, live music and a raffle drawing. The special fest will run from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Farmer's Market is from 7 a.m. - 1 p.m. Free admission. Main Street and Lemon Avenue, downtown Sarasota. Here's more on the Sarasota Farmer's Market.
Powerboats by the Bay part of the Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix Boat Festival
When: Saturday, 11-7pm
Where: Centennial Park on 10th Street & Rt. 41 near downtown Sarasota
What: The event runs from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. on Saturday and you can see the powerboats up close. Admission is free and there will be food, vendors and live entertainment. (Date Subject to change by the Boat Fest Committee.)
Bikini contest downtown Sarasota Racing Fest
When: Saturday, 3-4:30pm
Where: Centennial Park at Rt. 41 and 10th Street in Sarasota
What: The "Miss Super Boat Grand Prix” Bikini Contest takes place from 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. One of the more popular Sarasota Events, the contest will take place in the "pits," located at Centennial Park at Rt. 41 and 10th Street in Sarasota. Must be at least 18 to enter. Prizes: 1st Place $1,000, 2nd Place $500, 3rd Place $250, 4th Place $100. Click here to see photos and read more about the Miss Super Boat Grand Prix Sexy Bikini Contest in Sarasota. (Date Subject to change by the Boat Fest Committee.)
Sarasota Offshore Boat Racing Florida
Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix Boat Races
When: Sunday, 11-1pm
What: The Sarasota Boat Races are held off of Lido Beach (Between New Pass and Big Pass). There are 2 Heats scheduled at 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
4th of July Festivities
The Venice area fireworks are fired from the south Venice Jetty in the Venice Beach area and there are a number of good vantage points: anywhere along Venice Beach, Nokomis Beach, or from a boat on the Gulf of Mexico or anchored on the Intracoastal waterway, northeast of the Jetty on the water. Fireworks go up after sunset. Arrive early as thousands line the beaches, jetty and surrounding waterways -
Longboat Key's annual Freedom Fest Parade 2014 is set for 9 a.m. Friday at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, Longboat Key. A person playing Uncle Sam will be at the event and children are invited to dress up and walk with him and local dignitaries in the parade along Bay Isles Road. Food, kids games and a butterfly release are part of the fun. There are no fireworks in the town of Longboat Key.
• The Anna Maria Island Privateers Annual 4th of July Parade begins at 10 a.m. sharp Friday at Coquina Beach, 2650 Gulf Drive, Bradenton Beach. The parade runs the entire length of Anna Maria Island to Bay Front Park in the town of Anna Maria. More than 100 participants are expected. After the parade, the Privateers will head to Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, from noon to 4 p.m. for live music, food and drinks.
• Sarasota Sailing Squadron's Liberty Day Regatta and Family Festival, 1717 Ken Thompson Parkway on City Island will be held 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday .
• Palmetto's 4th of July celebration and free concert begins at 4 p.m. Friday at Lamb and Sutton Park, 1006 6th St. W., Palmetto. The event will feature food vendors and a $5 VIP section at stage front. The main attraction is "American Idol" winner Scotty McCreery who will sing his country tunes after The Jake Castro Band and goodBye eddie warm things up for him. Other than the VIP section, the rest of the park will be open to free seating. Following the free concert, at 9 p.m., The cities of Bradenton and Palmetto and Manatee County combine to put on their 4th of July Fireworks over the Manatee River.
• Tropical Sarasota Fourth of July begins at 6 p.m. Friday at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, 811 S. Palm Ave., Sarasota. The event features barbecue and ice cream. Fans of the event set up chairs on the grounds to catch the Bayfront Fireworks, which begin at 9 p.m. The event costs $17 for members and $20 for non-members.
• Pier 22 Restaurant, 1200 1st Ave. W., Bradenton, is hostings its Annual Fourth of July Fireworks Celebration and Pig Roast which starts at 6 p.m. Friday .The cost to attend is $69.95 for adults and $19.95 for children younger than 12. For that price, patrons also get seating along the Manatee River for the Mantee County fireworks. Information and booking: 941-748-8087.
• The 28th Annual Sandbar Fireworks Spectacular will be put on at sunset Friday by Creative Pyrotechnics at The Sandbar Restaurant, 100 Spring Ave., Anna Maria. Fans can park at nearby Crosspoint Fellowship Church, which is only a six-block walk to the restaurant. Many park at other nearby churches or at Coquina or Manatee County Public beaches and use the trolley to the restaurant. Free seating is on a first-come, first serve basis on the outside deck at the Sandbar. Some fans bring chairs and blankets to the nearby beach. For $125 per seat, the Sandbar does offer an upscale buffet, complementary specialty drinks, beer and wine, party favors, music and great seating in the Sandbar Event Pavilion for the fireworks. Information or booking: 941-778-8709.
• The Annual 4th of July Fireworks on Siesta Key are blasted off north of the volleyball courts on Siesta Key. A crowd nearing 40,000 is expected this year for the event, which kicks off just after dark. Sarasota also hosts a Suncoast Offshore Fireworks Spectacular, which is best seen at Sarasota's Bayfront Park and Island Park.
Bradenton: As All-American as it gets: Baseball, music and fireworks! Take in the Marauder's Baseball game along with live music and Fireworks after the game at McKechnie Field in Gates open at 5:30 p.m. The Marauders take on the Ft. Myers Miracle with game time at 6:30 p.m. and a post-game concert and fireworks show. Tickets: $6 - $8. 1611 9th Street West, Bradenton.
Englewood: The Cajun Festival takes place again with a new name: The Englewood Firecracker Festival. You'll find daylong festivities including food from burgers to hot dogs, pulled pork, fries, soft drinks, beer tent, frozen daiquiries, pina coladas and margaritas. Live entertainment is planned and at dark there will be fireworks over Lemon Bay. Festivities begin at 10 a.m. Dearborn Street, Englewood. -